Based on the circumstances of your accident, the Direct Compensation Agreement does not apply because:
- There was no collision between vehicles.
- The accident occured outside the province of Quebec.
- The owners of the vehicles involved in the accident were not identified.
- The vehicles are owned by the same person.
- The driver hit his own vehicle.
For more information, contact your insurer.
You can also contact the Insurance Information Centre.
The content of these web pages is provided for information only and to make it easier to understand the DCA. It is not legally binding. The official version of the DCA takes precedence. Your insurer will establish the portion of your liability in the accident.
Download the official version of the Direct Compensation Agreement.