Annuals stats: a portrait of auto insurance
October 20, 2020
GAA updated the annual auto insurance statistics on its website. The charts and tables draw a portrait of auto insurance for 2019.
In addition to the data for average premiums and claims costs, it also provides:
- The comparison with driving experience showing that the more accidents a policyholder has had in previous years, the higher his claims frequency for the current year.
- The comparison by age and gender providing a snapshot of claims frequency for each age category;
- The comparison by province of automobile insurance rates.
- The average premium was $675, up 2% a year on average since 2009.
- The average cost of claims for auto theft continued to rise, from $22,336 in 2018 to $24,320 in 2019, up 9%.
- The average cost of post-collision claims also rose. Civil liability claims increased from $4,194 in 2018 to $4,545 in 2019, while collision claims increased from $4,745 in 2018 to $4,988 in 2019.
You’ll find all the data in the Statistics section.Back