Your answers at Stage 1 and 2:
- There was a collision involving two or more vehicles.
- The accident occurred in the province of Quebec.
- The owners of the vehicles involved were identified.
- The vehicles belong to different owners.
- The owner did not hit his own vehicle.
From among the examples below, click on the one which best describes your situation:
Case 9 - Failure to obey signs or signals
Case 10a - Vehicle turning on a green arrow
Case 10b - Right turn on red light
Case 11 - Backing up or making a U turn
Case 12 - Opening a door
Case 13 - Chain reaction
Case 14 - Pile-up
Case 15 - Collision in a parking lot with no traffic signs
The content of these web pages is provided for information only and to make it easier to understand the DCA. It is not legally binding. The official version of the DCA takes precedence. Your insurer will establish the portion of your liability in the accident.
Download the official version of the Direct Compensation Agreement.