• The Joint Report : To simplify claims settlement
  • Articles
  • Documents
  • Home



The Joint Report : To simplify claims settlement

You have a fender bender with no injuries. What to do in that case?

First, stay calm. Then, take out your GAA Joint Report from your glove compartment and fill it.

Should you call the police?

There’s no need to call the police for a fender bender when there is no road obstruction or if no one’s injured. All you need is the Joint Report. That is why keeping a copy in the glove compartment is always a good thing.

However, if someone has been injured, you should always call emergency services.

A tool that’s easy to complete

All you need to complete the Joint Report is:

  • your driver’s license,
  • your registration certificate and
  • proof of insurance.

After that, all that’s left to do is for you and the other driver to sign the Joint Report.

Then give the other driver one of the copies, keep the other and send it to your insurer as soon as possible.

With this information, your insurer will be able to open your claims file and let you know the steps to take for the repair of your vehicle.

Copyright © Groupement des assureurs automobiles, 2003-2024
Terms of Use
Complaints Policy
Privacy Policy