Vehicles travelling in the same direction on the same roadway
Your answers at Stage 1 and 2:
- There was a collision involving two or more vehicles.
- The accident occurred in the province of Quebec.
- The owners of the vehicles involved were identified.
- The vehicles belong to different owners.
- The owner did not hit his own vehicle.
Case 1 - Collision between vehicles in the same lane of traffic
Case 2 - Vehicle turning into a side roadway or driveway
Case 3a - Vehicle moving to park
Case 3b - Vehicle leaving a parking space
Case 3c - Vehicle X parked (except as provided under Case 3d)
Case 3d - Vehicle illegally parked at night and without lights outside cities, towns or villages
The content of these web pages is provided for information only and to make it easier to understand the DCA. It is not legally binding. The official version of the DCA takes precedence. Your insurer will establish the portion of your liability in the accident.
Download the official version of the Direct Compensation Agreement.